Full Stack (Ruby) Web Developer
Ballistiq is premier web development company headquartered in Canada. We have a mission at Ballistiq to make a positive impact on people's lives through great software. This guiding philosophy has helped us to create applications that are used and loved by millions of people worldwide. Our clients include Allegorithmic, Autodesk, Gnomon, Riot Games, Toon Boom and many more.
We are looking for a seasoned fullstack Ruby on Rails developer to help us build beautiful, highly functional web applications. Someone who really enjoys devising and building innovative and creative solutions for our clients. Someone who wants to make a difference in producing results beyond what the customer thought was possible. Someone who wants to work on a supportive team that welcomes new ideas and provides diverse talents.
At Ballistiq we are proud to support each employee with personalized training to grow your capabilities and skills. We work hard to grow each person. If you’re seeking interesting and challenging projects at fast-growing company, with lots of room to grow both technically and professionally, you’ll want to check us out.
Applicants must be located in Canada and eligible to work in Canada.
- Be a seasoned web developer. Able to implement complex web applications quickly and with high quality. You love to code.
- Interface with clients. Able to understand their business requirements and know how they can be implemented. Suggest best course of action.
- Highly proficient with Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Highly proficient with databases and SQL.
- Understanding of modern web standards and best practices.
- Experience with React is a bonus.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Must be able to handle changing requirements...calmly.
- Strong knowledge of developing and testing for multiple browsers and platforms.
- Understand Git version control.
- Detail and quality oriented.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Have a sense of humour.
We believe that our employees' well-being is very important and we offer the following benefits:
- 3 weeks vacation
- Flexibility – the job is either remote (Canada) or on-site in Montreal
- Health, dental, life, and AD&D (single or family)
- Strong support for training and mentoring
- Macbook Pro
- Subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary
- Amazing, fun and friendly managers and coworkers!