Video Editor & Production Professional, ArtStation
ArtStation, a division of Ballistiq, is committed to enabling artists and designers thrive globally. We are considered a leading professional platform for artists & designers with a global audience reaching millions of people. ArtStation enables artists to showcase their portfolios in a slick way, find clients and jobs, make money via the marketplace, and with new education initiatives planned, advance in their careers, skills and knowledge. Our mission is to enable artists to grow and thrive. We live and breathe that ethos.
The impact you can have in the industry is powerful. We are looking for a Video Editor/Production Professional to help us to bring art & design education to a massive scale via ArtStation. You’ll be surrounded by some of the most passionate team members who are committed to helping artists grow and thrive.
You’ll be working with some of the best artists in the games, film, media & entertainment industry, helping to produce and edit valuable educational content that will go on to change the lives and careers of thousands of artists worldwide.
- Producing and editing video content. Responsible for editing, sound, title cards, overlays, etc.
- Working with instructors. For screen recordings, providing instructors with information, guidance and feedback on recording.
- For live action (traditional painting and drawing), assisting with recording at the studio, on location or providing instructors with information and feedback on recording.
- Motion graphics
- Producing marketing videos, teasers & trailers
- Ensuring that all content has correct metadata - titles, descriptions, tags, etc.
- Getting content transcribed by 3rd party transcription (for closed captioning and localization)
- Quality assurance. Ensuring that technical sound and video quality is there. Ensuring that the content is all uploaded and is being delivered correctly.
- You should have professional experience as a video editor. We’d love to see videos that you have created.
- You need to be familiar with a suite of editing tools such as Premiere and Camtasia.
- You need to be familiar with encoding videos for the web and all the technicalities of web-based video delivery such as bitrate, codecs, etc.
ArtStation is a friendly and performant environment. We are a mid-sized team of just under 30 people. We have offices in Montreal, Canada and Kazan, Russia. It’s a flat hierarchy, so you’ll be reporting to the CEO. You’ll be working closely with certain team members such as the Education Manager.
This is a full-time, salaried position, on-site at our studio in Old Montreal. We are very flexible with working arrangements. Most of our staff benefit from working wherever they need to be.
We believe that our employees' well-being is very important and we offer the following benefits:
- 3 weeks vacation (in addition to public holidays)
- Flexibility - this position is expected to be on-site, but we’re generally quite flexible when you need to work from home, etc.
- Health, dental, life, and AD&D (single or family)
- Strong support for training and mentoring
- Subsidized gym membership
- Competitive salary
- Amazing, fun and friendly coworkers!